Friday, April 20, 2012

God is my GPS

God's path for me isn't to be skinny or to show off newly purchased outfits(I am guilty of this). It is to be healthy and content while honoring him.

I thought I had my diet "path" all figured out yesterday and was ready to hit the road, but God stopped me at the first stop sign.

Everything I was reading yesterday, songs I was hearing on the radio were about how we determine our worth, and not by waiting for that certain "something" to happen before really starting to live our lives fully.

I do not want to waist my life away waiting for the scale to show me that I am good enough. I have been shown by losing many people that have been close to me that God can call us home at any minute. I do not want to dwell on weight all the days of my life.

God put this verse in front of me yesterday.

"If you want to be perfect (whole), go, sell all your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Yes Lord I will follow you~

I want to be healthy...
Not obsessed

I want to be alive...
Not just living

I want to be strong...
Strong in Faith

I want to start living for my health, for my family. Not a number on the scale or a number on a tag.

By Prayer and healthy choices I will continue on this journey not by any type of "plan".

I have been really Praying about a lot of things lately. Regarding my job, what I am planning to do once my children are all going to be in school all day next year. I feel God is trying to show me his plan for me.

Prayers are greatly appreciated:)

"Do not conform to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind."~ Romans 12:2

3 comments:

  1. WOW! This is the best post I have read in a long time. It is so true and I wish we could sing this from the moutnain tops so everyone we know would get it. I love that you are taking the time to listen to God and be obedient to his directions. We cause ourselves so much trouble by just simply not being obedient and then have to back pedal to get where we were suppose to be in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! This is excellent. I love that you are yearning for the focus to be on God and His will. SO often we make it all about us, but that will never fulfill us!! What an inspiration - thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete