Thursday, January 26, 2012

Funny moment

Yesterday I was on the phone with my Mom and I am telling her about my progress this week and the conversation changes to me telling my Mom about the new jeans that I got the other day. My oldest daughter who is almost 16 is listening in on the couch next to me says "Mom, you bought/buy jeans in the junior section now?!" I said, Yes, Yes I do:-) I wish you could have seen the look on her face;) Priceless!

A question for all my fellow "athletes". Do you find when you workout to the extreme your weight on the scale sometimes shows a gain? I have really been pushing myself outside my limits and this morning the scale was up a bit. My eating hasn't changed, so I was just wondering if it was from working out? Can that be?

8 comments:

  1. My husband tells me that yes this is possible. Muscle weighs more than fat so you may be loosing fat and replacing it with heavier muscle. I would say track your measurements and you will probably see a difference there.

    Nice work by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell your hubby tx;) I'm not to concerned because I know I am burning major calories, so its just a temporary gain:-)

      Delete
  2. Ugh, this happens to me. Dont know what causes is. But, I know that runners sometimes gain after a race (like a 5k..not a marathon lol) Maybe the body holds on to water or something? It stinks. Usually after a rest day is when I notice a loss the next day. Crazy. Yeah, don't sweat it. It's just our body being silly..you know you're doing the right things! If only we could tell the scale that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When your muscles are sore, they hold on to water more to help get rid of the lactic acid. So if you are working out and getting sore, your body sucks up all that water you're drinking to help it heal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say water gain-but looks like others beat me to the punch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, I have an almost 16 year old daughter too, I know that look well lol. And yes, I always lose slower when I exercise. Weird, but it is good for the body :).

    ReplyDelete