Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Getting friendly with food again. It's not the "enemy".

What a gorgeous day here in Michigan yesterday! Upper 40's, sunshine..couldn't ask for more in the middle of January:) Usually we have a ton of snow by now!

Yesterday my husband gave me a wonderful gift!! I will share with you tomorrow what it was:)I will keep you in suspense for now;)

On to the post topic food is not the "enemy". I really have felt like most of my journey has been so consumed by the thought of "forbidden foods". There is NO food that is forbidden or off limits anymore. If you eat things in moderation you can still lose weight!! Who would have thought?! I always had the mentality that the less you eat that is less calories, so you will lose more...wrong! I am glad that through this weight loss journey I have not just made physical changes, but mental ones.

Yesterday I think I really enjoyed my food for the first time in a long time! I had such a good feeling about things yesterday. I guess it wasn't willpower it was brainpower!

Here is some of the "fuel" I enjoyed yesterday:
*90 calories, 1 fat, 5 fiber

* 4 slices: 60 calories, 1.5 fat, 0 fiber

*These are one of my favorites!! 130 calories, 7 fat, 1 fiber


*190 calories, 2.5 fat, 1 fiber

Well there was my lunch:) Are you hungry yet?

I will end this post with a favorite quote:

"Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everday epiphanies, those transcedent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world." -Sarah Ban Breathnach

8 comments:

  1. Looking so YUMMY!!!!!!!!!! amen. DIET is NOT a four letter word...and it was never meant to mean "horrid cutbacks on good food in order to lose weight!" DIET simply defined is "foods and drinks for the body, to nourish and sustain".
    So we diet every single day, of course! WHAT we decide and choose for ourselves that we will put into our mouth for the maintenance of our bodies is our diet. that's it.

    If for some season in life we slackened up in this area and our bodies adjusted... got bigger than they should be optimally...okay, we got FAT...and then when we begin to THINK again about our food choices that run our systems..we have become wiser! rah. From our biggest mistakes...(or lack of thinking before acting)we receive our biggest life lessons. So here's to new life lessons being forged into our life styles. And here's to being FIT for life. And here's to never letting our DIET run amuck ever again, because we got slack about the healthy maintenance of this earthsuit!!! RAH! cheers and Stay Strong and Eat healthy! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! I love the food choices and I am going to have to try those chips! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM. Is that turkey really zero calories!? Crazy..
    great post topic and I love the look of your blog!!
    Keelie

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Keelie, sorry typo:( the turkey is actually 60 calories:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is a major, major thing in this weight loss journey. Nothing is off limits to me, I just moderate myself - and it's working! So glad you can feel the mental changes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really GET it! If you want to keep your weight off forever- you have to find a way that you can sustain the way you eat for a very long time. If you have forbidden foods- eventually you will give in to them and then start the psychological roller coaster of negative self talk and perhaps quitting. You are doing GREAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh- I LOVE your hairstyle and am thinking of showing your one of your blog pictures to my hair cutter to see if she thinks your style would work for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trying to learn moderation...some days better than others, but I keep trying! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete